January 22, 2012

Cheesy Cauliflower Hashbrowns

I promised more cauliflower recipes, and now I am here to deliver on that promise!  If you are looking for a healthy snack recipe, you have come to the right spot.

Do you have a rice cooker? If you do, cut up your cauliflower into florets and toss it into the rice cooker but hit "steam" (like if you were steaming the rice) otherwise, you will just have to steam your cauliflower the old fashioned way with a little water in the bottom on the stove in a pot with a lid or however you prefer.

Once the cauliflower is done steaming you will take it out and put it in a bowl
There is the cauliflower in the rice cooker. 
Next you will take out the cauliflower and put it in a bowl and mix it with some bread crumbs, 1 egg, a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of salt, and some grated cheddar cheese!

It does not look too appetizing at this point but don't be so judgemental. 
The next step would be forming patties and making sure you have enough bread crumbs on the patties to keep them together.  The duty of the bread crumbs and egg is to keep these together.  Put them in a skillet with a little olive oil on medium heat and cook on each side for about 6-8 minutes and VOILA! Deliciousness!!

My husband ate them with ketchup.  I think they would be good with some sour cream too.  I ate them plain and they were very tasty and so much healthier than potatoe hashbrowns.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. so you can do pretty much the same things wit cauliflower as potatoes huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... I made it and loved it! I over steamed my cauliflower and probably didn't have enough breadcrumbs, making my patties fall apart but we will definitely try these again!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!