January 20, 2012

Crispy Salmon Patties

Good morning!

Today's recipe I am posting is crispy salmon patties.  This recipe is good because not only is canned salmon  a lot less expensive than salmon fillets, and salmon is healthy for you, but I personally cannot afford to eat salmon all the time living in Texas where there is not a bunch of salmon to be caught.. ( canned salmon can be found near the canned tuna, but make sure you get BONELESS and skinless because tiny bones are annoying..)

Anyway, here is what you will need.

(depending on the amount of people you have or their appetite)

I used
  •  3 cans of salmon (for 4 people)
  • 2 green onions chopped
  • 1 egg
  • a small bowl of seasoned bread crumbs
  • a pinch of garlic (optional! but I heart garlic!)

Start by draining the salmon and putting it into a bowl
Then you can chop up some green onions..

Then you can mix the green onions and salmon (with your hands, you will smell so good.) 

Add an egg to this mixture




roll into the bread crumbs, or put bread crumbs onto the surface you are using to create patties..
Then you will put these beauties into a skillet on medium with a minimal amount of oil (because you dont want to be a fatty!)


and cook each side for 6-8 min...fish cooks quick so dont go playing with your baby or leave the room...

Then you remove and.... voila! Serve with veggies and rice! (Or french fries if you are Tessa!)


If you want to add salt you can but I don't because..well, if you've ever been in an ocean you know what it tastes like so fish is pretty much naturally salty (in most cases)


4 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying from laughter. Steve just asked what was so funny, I said my ig friend posted about me on her blog! He said "what's a log?" I said "a blog your dumb ass" he says " what the hell is that ?" .... Omg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom made these when I was growing up. I need to make them as an adult. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im gonna try this one out baby sister looks very good! ty 4 the recipie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!