January 31, 2012

Easy Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Last night I had only taken out 3 chicken breasts before I left for work.  I made sure I had taken out the meat to make chili for the following day and drew a blank completley for last night. 

I ended up just grabbing things I had in my fridge and doing the best I could and everyone actually liked it.

You start out with some spaghetti sauce.  I had some leftover italian style in a jar so I put it in the bottom of the baking dish.
Next you will take chicken breasts, however many you are choosing to cook and make sure they are thawed out.  Take a knife and slice a hole in the middle of them- making sure not to cut through to the bottom of the chicken, just enough to stuff it.

Next I got out some Ricotta cheese, blue cheese crumbles and shredded mozarella and put it in a bowl and mixed it together.
(The spaghetti sauce just happened to make it into the picture)

Next, take the mixture and use your spoon/fingers to push it into the slice you created in your chicken. 
After that I just poured the rest of my spaghetti sauce and some basil on the chicken

I baked this at 400 degrees for about 40-45 minutes or until the chicken was fully cooked in the middle.
It was pretty good and it did not take me too long.  I hope you all enjoy it and can come up with other ideas of what to stuff chicken with now that you see how easy it was.  Let me know if you find a new creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!