January 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken

One of my favorite recipe's is Orange Chicken because it's so delish.  Instead of heading out to random chinese restaurants and finding out which spots are amazing and which ones send you straight to the bathroom, I decided to find my OWN recipe to make it at home.  This is an easy chicken breast recipe.

This recipe is surprisingly simple- as MOST everything I make is, due to my time crunch.

All you need is boneless skinless chicken breast (I buy tenderloins because they are already cut smaller so I dont have to do as much cutting up into chunks, yes I can be lazy..) some brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, orange juice frozen concentrate (just 1/2 of the container you would make your juice from in the freezer) ketchupand some flour.


You are cut up the chicken into bite size pieces (how much you cut up depends on the amount of people you are serving.  I bought 2 packs of tenderloins for my family of 4)

Then you will put them in a bowl of flour and just bury them like treasure until it's hard to find the chicken ghosts in there because they are so doused. 

Next you throw them in a skillet with a little oil and just barely brown them.  They do not need to be fully cooked because they are going to be in the crock pot.

In a second bowl:
Combine 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1/2 can of OJ concentrate
3 or 4 tablespoons or brown sugar
4 tablespoons of ketchup

Mix all those up together until the OJ it more like a paste with the other ingredients. 

Remove the chicken from the skillet and put it into the crockpot

Pour your OJ paste/sauce over the top and cook for 4-6 hours on low... THIS depends again on how much chicken you have...if your crockpot is filled to the top of chicken then obviously it will take longer, but if you dont have much, turn it off after 4 hours.

The result?


This was my first entry, so I promise from now on, I will add photos for all the steps to make it easier!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!