January 27, 2012

Thai Peanut Chicken in the Crockpot

Good Morning!

Today's recipe is pretty simple, I like to keep it that way on FRIDAY'S!!

Thai Peanut Chicken in the crockpot.  Sound good?  It sure did to me.  It's pretty simple.
Here is everything you will need (except the chicken!):

In case that image was not suffice for you, I will explain what is in the photo.
  • Soy sauce- 3 tablespoons
  • Jar of salsa (entire thing)
  • Lime juice (4 tablespoons)
  • Creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter (3 tablespoons)
  • Chicken Broth (1/2 cup)
You can use whatever type of chicken you want.  I used 3 breasts and they were still frozen when I put them in there.  HOW EASY is that?!

Cook on low for 4-5 hours!


Optional: Before you serve you can put some coconut milk, about 1/2 cup while it warm.  I didn't have time to find coconut milk so I cheated and used some coconut shavings and a little regular milk (ha!)

Then you can serve it over rice and garnish with peanuts. 

Here is the finished product:

3 comments:

  1. This recipe looks so easy! What size crockpot did you use? I have a 2 quart crockpot so I'm wondering if I need to adjust the amount of ingredients for the size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds interesting and easy! I would definitely give it a try!

    -Gracie @ Gracie's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying this out tonight! Excited to try it. Amped it up with some crushed red pepper and will garnish with peanuts (of course) and green onions...cilantro would be really good too Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!