February 2, 2012

Carmel Apple Porkchops

I think everyone buys porkchops because they always seems to be on sale.  The only problem is people get tired of cooking them the same way all the time.  Most people I know like to "fry" them, which I find dry and gross.  I always bake mine.  So, here is my Carmel Apple Porkchop recipe.  Quick and Easy.  Like always.

Start with some brown sugar (just add it as you cook the sauce, this makes more sense as you read below just start with 3 tablespoons), 3 sliced green apples and a stick of butter.  (You can skin the apples but this Mama doesn't have time to be skinning anything!)

Then you will take out your pork chops (I prefer no bone, but bones are okay.) I kind of feel like a cheetah if I eat porkchops with bones on them. 

Then you are going to take (the first part will be half a stick of butter) the butter, brown sugar and apples and put them into a sauce pan on medium heat.  I put more brown sugar as I stirred until it became thicker because that is what makes it a sauce.

When you can see that it has become a sauce, drain the sauce and leave the apples in the pot and pour the sauce along the bottom of the baking dish to place the pork chops on top of it. Then you will put the other half a stick of butter in with the apples and more brown sugar until you make another sauce and pour that over the top of the pork chops along with the apples.  Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.  These are tasty treats for your taste buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!