February 13, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Crusted Apple Pie

Cinnamon rolls as crust?  Heck yes.  This pie was pretty easy and very delicious.  I can start  by saying, I have 2 small children and a busy house so I was not able to prepare my own filling (peeling and coring apples, etc) So I bought the canned stuff.  But if you have the time to make the filling, go for it and just use the same directions for the crust.
Take out your cinnamon rolls.

Grease the pie pan with butter or crisco or the pam spray or however you grease.  Press the cinnamon rolls into a pie pan and make sure there are no holes in the bottom where the filling will go or it will leak out.  Remember, the cinnamon rolls are going to puff up and expand so don't worry if there is still pie pan showing towards the top.
Here is what I used...(sorry Mom!) Pour it over the top of the cinnamon roll crust and bake just like the cinnamon roll instructions say which I believe was about 15 minutes?

Sprinkle some cinnamon over the top, let it cool, and voila! This was really yummy on a cold day and I loved how the cinnamon mixed in with the apples.  Have a slice and relax with your blankey and slipped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!