February 1, 2012

Crockpot Chili Nirvana

This is probably the first thing I ever learned how to cook in the crockpot.  A girl at work gave me the ingredients and encouraged me to try it.  "The crockpot is easy, girl! You leave for work and come home and dinner is done!"  So...as a single Mom I was ready to do anything that could save me time and energy.  I tried it.  It was good. 

First you will need 2 packages of ground turkey.  I use turkey because it's healthier than ground beef, but if you want to use ground beef- go for it..
Next you need 3 cans of kidney beans.

This is a large can of tomato sauce and italian diced tomatoes.  You can also used italian STEWED tomatoes.
As well as..a tiny baby can of tomato paste.
So you are going to need 1 red onion, 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper.
Put the turkey in the pan with some red onion and oil..
After that, add the peppers and let it all cook together for a few minutes (until the turkey is browned like the above photo) Then drain the mean and add things into the crockpot.

Then the meat and bell peppers and onion from the pan..

It should look something like the above photo now.  Then you can just add the tomato sauces and paste. 

Cook on low for 6-7 hours
then serve!  You can top with cheese and a side of cornbread.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!