February 5, 2012

Crockpot Grinders

This recipe looked awesome when I saw it, so I emailed a fellow blogger at "Big Red Kitchen" http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2010/12/advent-day-3-crockpot-grinders.html named Robin Sue and asked her if I could feature it on my blog and as sweet as she is she gave me the green light.  I knew this would be perfect since I know so many of you love your crock pot like I do.  So here is how it starts. 
You are going to need to ball up some foil so that the sandwiches do not sit directly on the bottom of the crockpot and add a little water to the bottom- it won't affect the sandwiches because they will be sitting inside of foil and on top of foil.  If you have something similar to what a pot pie comes in, like a mini pie tin you can use that at the bottom if you want.
The original blogger used italian bread loaf and did not cut directly through completley to the bottom of the bread, she just sliced it.  I however, I used french bread for mine and it was completley sliced.  Above is the layering technique.  Cheese, Meat, Banana peppers (peppercini) and onion.  You can use however much meat and cheese you prefer in your sandwich and whatever type.  I used Salami, Turkey and Ham.

Sprinkle some italian seasoning on your line up.Tuck the creations in between EVERY OTHER slice of bread and wrap them up into foil.  Add a little water to the bottom of the crockpot.

After you wrap them up into the crockpot it should look like this:
Cook for 4 hours on low.  After it's done you can drizzle a little olive oil in between each slice, cut and enjoy!  Thanks to Robbin for letting me try this amazing recipe! I will put up a final pic when this is done cooking!
Perfect for the Superbowl.  GO GIANTS!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the link love! Thrilled you liked these. We are Pats fans here, but I think it is more about the food! Enjoy!
    Robin Sue

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!