February 21, 2012

Garlic Spaghetti Bread

So, I am not going to lie.  This was a recipe I found floating around pinterest 4 months ago and tried it because my mouth was watering at the photos.  This has become a favorite of mine. 

The photos of the original recipe were much better than mine.  However, I modified my recipe to make it simpler than the one I originally tried.  Trust me, it's delicious.

You can use this recipe with leftover spaghetti or fresh- really doesn't matter.  You can use meatballs or sausage.


First you are going to get the frozen bread dough from the store.  Not the "rolls" it has to be a loaf.  It usually comes in bags of 3 bread loaves and I combine two loaves.  You are going to flatten the dough as best you can.  Use a rolling pin if you have one.  Make sure there are no holes in your dough though. 

The trick with the dough is that you have to wrap it in wax paper in the fridge all day on the day you are going to be making this recipe so it can thaw out/ rise a little.
Now cook your spaghetti as you normally would.  Add the sauce and meat to your noodles.  Spray pam or butter some foil before you lay the dough on top of the foiled cookie sheet (so it doesn't stick) and then pour the spaghetti over the flattened dough.
Once you have poured the spaghetti on top of the dough, get your other thawed loaf and flatten it as well just like you did with the first.  Then put it over the top of the spaghetti and make sure both loaves are touching, making a dough seal.  Try not to leave any holes or the spaghetti will pour out the sides.

Once both loaves are touching, take olive oil and put it over the top- maybe 2 teaspoons and coat the top of the bread.  I cut a few lines on the top to let air through.  The take garlic and spread it all over the top of the olive oil.  Bake the bread as it suggests after refrigerated use which for my loaf was 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  Remove and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. this sounds pretty amazing! hopped over to check out your blog :)following!
    http://www.badbarbara.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, this sounds amazingly delish! thanks for sharing my dear!

    Stumbled upon your blog through blog-hop - greatest way to connect to bloggers ever! Let's keep in contact. I am following, Please check out my blog and follow me too if you like it, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! that looks delicious!!! now i droolng~

    found you through blog-hop & now followign!
    it would be lovely if you can come & follow me back! i am also a big foodie-
    xoxo, ;)
    http://happilyfull.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/#!/happilyfull
    https:javascript:void(0)//www.facebook.com/happilyfull

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, the post title is three of my favorite things and when I kept reading and scrolled to see the pictures...speechless! I need to eat this now and will be trying it soon. New follower to your blog and glad I found your space {and recipe} on the web!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!