February 8, 2012

Weeknight Broccoli and Sausage


Everyone has those days, whether you are a stay-at-home Mom, or a working Mom (or Dad!) that you just do not have the energy or feel like cooking.  What I am about to reveal to you is my secret recipe for killing a case of the Mondays.  Just keep in mind to fully cure the Mondays not only do you need to use this VERY simple and fast recipe but you must have tall glass or wine or some other alcoholic beverage followed by a warm bath to completley appreciate it.

It starts with boiling noodles.  I like penne noodles because I find them to be the most attractive.
Next you are going to cut up some pieces of kielbasa sausage.  I just throw it in with the noodles when they are close to done.
Next you are going to take your broccoli (I used frozen but you can use fresh also) just steam it or boil it.  I microwaved mine.  Like I said, this is an EASY weeknight recipe..

Then when the noodles and sausage and broccoli are all done, I throw them all in the strainer and drain them.
After that I put them in a dish together as a family.

I pour some sauce over the top (alfredo is my choice)

And then I serve it up!

This "Getting rid of the case of Mondays" has been brought to you by Gigglingbites.  Now go take a bath!

1 comment:

  1. looks absolutely delicious! love all your food posts. :) great getting inspirations from other mom bloggers. :) your blog is lovely. i love your pots background. :) i'm blog-hopping, and you have a new follower. hoping to visit again and stay connected. have a great week!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    http://adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!