March 21, 2012

Oven Baked Onion Rings

I feel like it's been forever since I've blogged!  I apologize for the absence..hopefully you missed me. I was really sick along with starting a new job!  Anyway, today I am posting a recipe I made because I was craving onion rings and I really didn't feel like ordering them from a fast food spot.  These are oven baked!

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.

Cut your onions like the above photo.  Then get out buttermilk and flour.

I used whole wheat and honestly, I did not taste a difference and it made it a little healthier.
Make a bowl for your buttermilk and bowl for your flour.

Dip the onion in the buttermilk and then in your flour and lay it on cookie sheet with aluminum foil.

I sprayed my onion rings on the pan with "PAM" lightly and put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending how crispy you like them.  They came out really good.  They weren't as greasy as you would get with your burger at Carl's Jr or something, but they were pretty good for being homemade and my older son ate them up.  I hope you enjoy!


3 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!