March 2, 2012

Shepard's Pie

Growing up my mom used to buy shepard's pie, heat it up and give it to me for dinner and I loved it.  My whole family loved it and it came in such a small quantity that we didn't get that much.  She always made something extra with it, but I wanted more Shepard's Pie!! So, I decided as an adult, I would just make it myself!

Start out by browning some ground meat in a pan with a little olive oil and I added cummin for seasoning. 
 While the meat is browning boil about 6 potatoes.

Put the browned meat in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Then get out your mixed veggies.  I personally used frozen because I had barely gotten home when I made this and didn't have fresh vegetables.  Obviously, defrost the vegetables if needed.. Spread the vegetables over the browned meat.

Next your potatoes will probably of taken 30-45 minutes to get soft like you need them so whenever they are done put them in a bowl and mash them up.

Once the potatoes are mashed up, use a spoon and spread them over the meat and vegetables and pat them down so they are flat.
Then you will shred some cheedar cheese over the top (or you can use pre shredded cheese, doesn't matter.)

Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes and enjoy!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think! Just leave a note!